About the Canadian Federation of Musicians (CFM)
The CFM is the Canadian National office of the American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada (AFM) and governs 24 Local Chapters from coast to coast across Canada. CFM is the Union representing musical artists of all genres and in all every type of professional performance be it live or recorded work. The CFM provides integral tools and services to professional musician’s, such as, pension, residual/revenue streams, insurance, legal protection and more. This position requires a self-motivated individual with meticulous attention to detail, who possesses strong customer service skills, and can work both independently and as part of a team.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to Prioritize many time-sensitive situations while juggling multiple priorities at once
• Keen attention to detail
• Process/Oversee the United States visa Petitioning process (application requests, Petition, approval, distribution)
• Data management
• Daily communications with artists, electronically and in-person meetings
• Other related administration that may be required
Assets, not required:
• Artist/creator, musical or other artistic discipline
• Experience working in arts and culture
• Bilingual French/English, or conversant French.
• Union knowledge/experience