Job title: Administrative Coordinator, Administration and Finance
Supervisor: Associate Director, Administration and Finance
Status: Contractual (3 years), full time (35h/week)
Posting period: 1st to 18 April 2021
Job entry: May 2021
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution that contributes to the cultural content of our time, based on the idea that architecture is in the public interest. Its curatorial teams work constantly to develop and produce new research, provocative exhibitions, critical publications, and a collection that reinforces all these objectives, thus contributing to the overall debate around architecture.
The Administration and Finance Division supports the various activities of the CCA by working closely with the budget and ensuring the efficiency and maintenance of the buildings and the safety of both staff and visitors, etc.
The responsibilities of this job include coordinating the administrative and project activities of the Administration division while ensuring cross-functional management and communication of all administrative and financial practices across the CCA by ensuring curatorial information sharing within the division, as well as project follow-ups. In addition to reporting to the Associate Director of Administration and Finance, the incumbent works closely with the Controller, the Chief, Building Services, and the Safety Coordinator and other Divisional Coordinators. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all administrative procedures and policies, as well as reporting all requests to the administration both to staff and external requestors, with a high degree of confidentiality, efficiency, and professionalism.
The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day organization of the activities and follow-up of the files of the Associate Director, Administration and Finance. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the Associate Director in their activities, in their relations with the other Associate Directors, department heads, the Board of Trustees and in their relations outside the CCA. Finally, he/she is responsible for coordinating the organization of meetings and committees where the Associate Director, Administration and Finance is directly involved.
- Coordinates strategic and administrative matters with the offices of the Associate Directors, and manages confidential files related to strategic and budgetary planning and institutional development
- Works in collaboration with the Associate Director, Administration and Finance to implement efficient work processes and organizes divisional operations, while documenting procedures, policies and developing best practice guides
- Assists in the preparation of content and communication writing, administration, dissemination, implementation and monitoring of policies, processes and procedures related to the administrative management of the institution
- Supports the Division's Department Heads in their daily operations and the control and monitoring of their operational and project budgets
- Works in collaboration with the administrative coordinators in the organization of the various projects of the institution
- Reviews legal documents (agreements, contracts, approvals, etc.) requiring the signature of the Associate Director of Administration and Finance and makes the necessary corrections beforehand
- Participates in the preparation of calls for tenders, documents, and contracts, and manages contractual agreements for Building Services projects
- Writes and/or collaborates in the production of various reports, minutes, memos, documents, and institutional correspondence as well as the preparation of visual presentations and executive summaries (for internal reports related to administration, Board of Trustees, partner institutions and government agencies)
- Conducts initial research related to the planning and preparation of projects under the Administration division
- Coordinates and attends (as needed) general meetings for various committees and workshops, (checking agendas, taking minutes, producing reports and related documents, etc.)
- Follows up on projects in which the Associate Director, Administration and Finance is involved, including budgets, schedules, updates, presentations, and communications
Board of Trustees and Government Relations
- Provides annual information for both the year-end audit file and for updating data with the Registrar of Financial Institutions
- Supports the Associate Director in the strategy established for the development of government relations
- Monitors the opportunities and potential for rapprochement with various government agencies
- Maintains an up-to-date database of stakeholders from various government departments and agencies
- Gathers and provides information requested for grant applications and follows up on divisional projects in collaboration with the Development team
Respect compliance, regulations and laws
- Completes the reports required to maintain the recognitions, statutes and accreditations received by the CCA
- Participates in the preparation of year-end documents and statements and the audit file in support of the Controller
- Prepares applications for permit and licence renewals for the Building Services Department
- Provides technical and administrative support to the Pension Plan in collaboration with the Chair of the Pension Committee and the Associate Director
Administrative support for the administration division
- Acts as a liaison between the divisions of the CCA to ensure cross-divisional communication and coordination on matters such as timelines and budgets
- Prepares, administers, and ensures distribution and tracking of division planning calendars, project plans, schedules, and timelines. Coordinates and centralizes schedules with all divisions
- Organizes divisional and inter-divisional meetings, compiles necessary documents and distributes to participants
- Maintains up-to-date financial and statistical data for the CCA to guide actions and informs other divisions of strategies and follow-ups
- Maintains the institutional subscription file and proceeds with renewals when due
- Develops and manages the division's archives, documentation and statistics and ensures, when necessary, that files and records are properly archived and protected
- Supports the integration of new staff members in the division by liaising with the People and Culture division
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or training in cultural organization management, project coordination, or any other related degree
- Studies in art, architecture and/or history are an asset
- 5 to 7 years of experience in an administrative role
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English, ability to draft and review documents and contracts
- Skilled with numbers and statistics
- Ability to illustrate financial data in a schematic and simplified manner
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS-Office, Adobe Suite, In Design, or equivalent
- Knowledge of project, budget and schedule management methodology
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Great attention to sensitive and confidential documents
- Flexibility to evolve in a multicultural and international work environment
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 18 April 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.