Director of Marketing
TO Live has an exciting full-time opportunity for an exceptional senior-level marketer with strong digital marketing experience. TO Live is poised to play a key role in the recovery of the Arts and Culture sector as the city emerges from the pandemic. The organization is making strategic investments in a new digital engagement platform and a refreshed brand positioning and creative identify. As we prepare to launch these exciting new initiatives this fall, we are looking for a dynamic marketer and strategic thinker to help us attain our ambitious goals.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
A key role in the organization, the Director of Marketing reports to the VP of Marketing and Communications. They are diplomatic, solutions focused, and an effective team builder with strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills. Responsible for revenue generation and accountable for the promotion of TO Live programs and experiences, this role is highly visible within the organization and sector, playing a leading role in working with an array of artistic and community partners. A key responsibility for this role will be to serve as the Product Manager for TO Live’s new digital engagement platform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the VP, Marketing & Communications to define the strategy, objectives, and resources plan for the department, helping to ensure that short and long-term business goals including revenue targets are being met.
- Act as the Product Manager for TO Live’s new digital engagement platform.
- Ensure all marketing materials integrate and adhere to the organization’s brand and corporate identity and reflect our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and access including use of a progressive style guide.
- Execute integrated marketing campaigns for Programming and other initiatives using digital, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, and SEM/SEO strategy development.
- Develop and lead new content marketing strategy for the organization.
- Work with department leaders to ensure plans, assets and budgets support marketing to achieve business and sales objectives.
- Produces regular marketing and campaign related performance reports and measure success against objectives.
- Plan and direct the work of marketing team.
- Understand and advocate for early adoption of relevant new tools, platforms and technologies across the department.
- Maintain professional and accountable relationships with external communications partners and suppliers.
- Develop and budget for marketing support initiatives, most notably the TO Live Presents programming stream.
- Work with the Marketing team to integrate consumer insights and segmentation into core marketing processes; and to clearly define a measurement strategy for campaign management across marketing.
- Work closely with Programming and Corporate Sales departments to ensure all activities are promoted and supported across all platforms.
- Foster a positive and respectful work environment where staff are motivated to excel.
- Hire, train, mentor, and discipline staff as required.
- Communicate corporate policies and ensure compliance by staff.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the senior management team to develop solutions to organization-wide issues and contribute to their resolution.
- Performs other duties as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- An experienced senior-level marketer with the ability to organize, lead and inspire a team across job functions in a dynamic environment.
- Must have in-depth experience in digital marketing including paid, SEO/SEM, email, social media, content marketing and ability to analyze digital data and make recommendations.
- Experience in planning, execution, measurement and analysis of marketing strategy.
- Minimum education requirement of Bachelor Undergraduate university degree in a relevant discipline.
- 10 years' experience in marketing, with a preference for live entertainment or arts and culture sector.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills; customer service orientation.
- Effective negotiation and sales skills.
- High level of personal motivation and ability to work at a fast pace in a multi-task environment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook in a Windows environment.
- Process-minded with stellar time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven understanding of marketing technology options and tools to power marketing efforts.
- A passion for innovation, experimentation and reinvention.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and includes work on nights and weekends as required.
- Lack of natural light in workplace.
- Travel between all TO Live venues as required.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall (formerly the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts), the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre (formerly the Toronto Centre for the Arts). In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should apply through our TO Live careers website at: https://tolive.bamboohr.com/jobs/
No phone calls please. TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together with the Toronto Public Service’s (TPS) initiatives, which TO Lives follows and adheres too, TO Live encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to fostering innovative ideas and solutions.
We ask that you complete the questions provided as part of the online application to assist us in ensuring our recruitment process and programs are equitable and accessible. Your responses are voluntary and the information that you provide is strictly confidential.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Date Posted: July 16, 2021
Application Deadline: August 6, 2021
Start Date: ASAP