Urban Ink creates, produces, and disseminates original theatre productions by Indigenous and Culturally Diverse artists. Based in Vancouver, we work locally and nationally and are recognized for our impactful, large scale productions.
We are hiring a Producer. The Producer will lead the delivery of the artistic program, administer the creation of new works, plan and assess future projects, and manage touring. The successful candidate is a great project manager with at least three years of theatrical producing experience.
Urban Ink is invested in making artistic work that reflects Indigenous and Intercultural diversity; We are committed to attracting and retaining diverse teams who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
- Producing theatre and events
- Developing partnerships
- Coordinating and facilitating the work of the design and production teams
- Hiring and contracting of artists and production teams
- Developing, managing, and reconciling production budgets
- Grant writing
- Providing administrative support to the Managing Director and Artistic Director
- Writing and submitting final reports
- Developing, managing, and reconciling budgets
Our ideal candidate is organized, efficient and fun to work with. Has a producing track record and experience writing grants and reports. Has great communication and people management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects on time and on budget.
This is a full time, fifteen month employment position beginning September 2018 with the possibility of an extended contract. The annual salary is $43,000 and includes extended health and dental benefits.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and a letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this position and our organization. Deadline: August 6th 2018. We thank all candidates for applying, but we only have capacity to contact those selected for an interview.