Company: Envision Management & Production is an artist management and production company that works with boundary-breaking, musical and multi-disciplinary artists, projects and organizations. www.envisionmanagement.com
Purpose: Envision Management & Production is seeking a responsible and enterprising person to write and manage grant proposals in English and French, and engage in the development of artistic projects with Envision and its clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain working relationships with various clients, in collaboration with the Artists & Development Team
- Contribute to the development of a creative idea with the objective of turning it into a viable project
- Prepare and submit grant proposals to funding bodies, foundations and possible corporate sources in collaboration with various clients
- Manage files and comply with all grant reporting as required by funding bodies
- Develop and strengthen relationships, maintain communications as the main contact for Envision with several funding sources
- Perform research and maintain an understanding on funding bodies, foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for future grants
- Develop regular written quarterly reports/online reports (newsletters etc.) for all clients in collaboration with the Artists& Development Team
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting systems
- Provide input for all written institutional materials (including annual reports, procedural manuals, and operations funding opportunities)
- Participate and contribute to meetings both across the organization and within the Artists & Development Team
- Passionate about music, arts and culture - ideally a variety of different styles, genres and disciplines
- Actively engaged in the local music and arts scene Knowledge of and experience with the Canadian and Quebec music industries
- Experienced in collaboratively developing creative projects Knowledge of funding landscape for musicians and artists in Canada and Quebec
- Proven track record in grant writing Professional level writing skills in both English and French Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking, time management and problem solving
- Flexibility to adapt and manage scheduling during peak or deadline periods that may result in additional hours worked per week
- Ability to work autonomously but also thrives in a collaborative work environment 3-5 years in artist, project or production management experience
- University-level degree in Communications, Arts Administration or a related field an asset
- Excellent computer skills on Mac OS, Basecamp, Zoom, Microsoft Office, G-Suite (including file management in Drive, and collaborative productivity across Docs, Sheets, Gmail)
How to apply: Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Artists & Development Coordinator” by November 29, 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Note: This position will be remote until further notice.