The West Kootenay Regional Arts Council (WKRAC) is a registered charity and non-profit organization located in Nelson, BC, established in 1980. As an arts-service organization, WKRAC is dedicated to arts and cultural development in the region by supporting local arts councils and arts and culture organizations in their work. WKRAC produces several annual projects such as ARTiculate magazine, the Kootenay Festival and Events Brochure, Kootenay Arts E-Bulletin, and co-ordinates educational workshops and events. In addition, WKRAC manages the operations of the Columbia Kootenay Cultural Alliance (CKCA) committee, distributing arts and culture funding on behalf of the Columbia Basin Trust through an annual contract, and management of the annual Columbia Basin Culture Tour.
As the WKRAC/CKCA Executive Director, this position is the key management and supervisory staff member, supporting and executing the vision of the board (and committees) and overseeing all aspects of management of the organization. This includes managing (under direction and supervision of the board): human resources / staffing (two staff members and additional contractors); financial management, budgeting, grant writing, fund raising; executing contracts; development and implementation of projects, to ensure the smooth operation of WKRAC/CKCA.
- Post-secondary education in Arts Administration or commensurate experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a non-profit society including extensive financial management experience, plus management of personnel, hiring and supervision of contractors
- Project/event management experience, including planning, partnership development, grant writing, budgeting, implementation and final reporting
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement management and workflow systems, work with boards, funders, staff and contractors, meet deadlines, and to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite (Word; Excel; Access; Outlook) and database management at an intermediate to advanced level; basic HTML; Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
The Executive Director must also have excellent oral and written communication skills, be very detail oriented and be able to coordinate multiple projects while meeting concurrent deadlines. The successful candidate must be highly self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, and extremely organized. You possess good time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities. You are a calm and collected leader who is mature, shows initiative, acts with discretion and good judgement, and maintains confidentiality. We require staff to be trustworthy, willing to learn, and be comfortable making position-appropriate decisions.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Laura White firstname.lastname@example.org