VENUE TECHNICIAN – Rachel Browne Theatre
Rachel Browne Theatre is a 125 seat rental venue in downtown Winnipeg and home to Winnipeg's Contemporary Dancers.
JOB DESCRIPTION / DUTIES
The Venue Technician is responsible overseeing all technical elements of The Rachel Browne Theatre and of Winnipeg’s Contemporary Dancers. The Venue Technician coordinates technical aspects of technical production for in-house productions, special events and third-party rentals, including responsibility of all set up and strike requirements and running of all performances.
Generally part-time, with full time hours during productions and tech, as needed.
START DATE: September 12, 2022
DURATION: September 12, 2022 – June 30, 2023.
Please note the successful applicant must be available on the following dates:
September 19-23, 2022
October 17-22, 2022
November 2-28, 2022
February 13-27, 2023
April 17-30, 2023
Actual hours will fluctuate depending on WCD's activities and third-party rentals. There will be a guaranteed minimum of 16 hours a week and overtime will be paid out bi-weekly.
• Operating sound and lighting equipment for all performances;
• Proficiency in operating and programming, including effects, on ETC Ion lighting board;
• Proficiency in maintenance and use of a wide variety of theatrical lighting instruments;
• Proficiency in operating and programming QLab and MAC computers;
• Proficiency in operating MS Office products and in email;
• Organize and participate in load-in, setup, operation, and strike of all performances and restoration activities of the venue;
• Hire crew as needed for installation and removal of white backdrop and dance floor and any maintenance that may be required;
• Supervision and coordination of all crews for technical work for all of WCD’s activities;
• Working as liaison and Venue Technician for third-party rentals: supervision, coordination, communication and work for third-party rentals;
• Ensuring that the technical needs of third-party renters are met in a manner that is acceptable with the Company’s safety policies, facility limitations and budgetary parameters;
• Maintenance of The Rachel Browne Theatre, as required;
• Act as on-site venue supervisor for third party rentals and crew, when needed.
The position requires attendance at setup, teardown and events that can occur in the daytime, evenings and on weekends. There are no overnight work calls.
The individual in this position shall have previous work experience and a working knowledge and understanding of technical health and safety, possess excellent interpersonal skills. The successful applicant may have a degree in Theatre Production.
Other Requirements: The ability to lift 50 lbs; hanging and focusing lights; continuous mobility, including: stairs, ladders, bending, lifting, reaching, etc.; the ability to safely work in low light conditions; the ability to work with precision at heights on A-frame and straight ladders; periods of sitting. Proof of COVID-19 vaccinations required. Personable and collaborative attitude. Eligible to work in Canada. Good communication skills. Proficiency in English
COMPENSATION: Hourly: $19.50/hour*
*hire rate based on experience
To apply for this opportunity, please email your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
Subject: Venue Technician
In your cover letter, tell us why you are a good fit for WCD.
Applications reviewed as received.
WCD is committed to reflecting diversity in its workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage submissions from individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process.
WCD thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Open until filled.