The Chapman Group is happy to support one of our amazing clients artsnb in finding their new Executive Director in New Brunswick.
artsnb is committed to diversity, equity, inclusivity and accessibility in all aspects of its operations and programs. As such, we strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and racialized or otherwise marginalized individuals, who can demonstrate the expectations of the role based on a combination of their experiences and education.
The New Brunswick Arts Board, also known as artsnb, is a provincial arts funding agency at arm's length from government, with a legislated mandate to facilitate and promote the creation of art, and to administer funding programs for professional artists and arts organizations in New Brunswick. artsnb is governed by a board of nine members appointed by government, many of whom are artists or arts professionals.
artsnb seeks a dynamic, engaging and visionary arts administrator to lead and manage the organization as its new Executive Director. The ED oversees operations, manages a staff of five people, an annual budget of $1.8 million dollars, and ensures that the policies of the board of directors are implemented. The ED also maintains warm relations with the artistic community and the media, nurtures collaborative interactions with the organization's many partners and stakeholders, including the provincial government.
- A passion and a profound understanding of the role arts play in society and the issues facing the New Brunswick arts community
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience in managing people, organizations, budgets and projects, preferably in the arts and culture sector
- Demonstrated experience working with a board of directors and building strategic relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Experience working with government and a good understanding of how arts funding works in Canada would be strong asset
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent organizational work experience. Note: Candidates who may have acquired their career experience and understanding of the artistic sector through means other than a formal education are also encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written) is mandatory
- Possesses a strong business acumen
- Effective in decision making with the ability to understand and persevere through the complex nature of management and leadership in a multi-stakeholder organization
- Strong public relations and communication skills
- Can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably
- Has strong interpersonal skills; understanding of self and others
- Demonstrative qualities around creating integrity and trust driven environments
- The successful candidate must reside in New Brunswick and be willing to work a hybrid model of remote and office. artsnb office is based in Fredericton, NB.
- artsnb intends to onboard the successful candidate for this position as soon as possible.
- Applicants who require accommodations for any part of the application process can include this in their cover letter and/or contact Christine@chapmangroup.com
More information about our programs and policies are available on the artsnb website at artsnb.ca.