The National Ballet of Canada, Canada’s premiere dance company and one of the world’s top international dance companies. Audience & Donor Services is a central processing department, with a focus on providing exceptional service to all patrons and internal departments. The services provided include, but are not limited to, ticketing for both single tickets and subscription sales, inbound and outbound calls, donations, member event RSVP, database maintenance, In Studio classes, response to all general inquiries, and reception coverage.
The Audience and Donor Services Senior Representative, reports to the Patron Services Manager and Assistant Patron Services Manager. They are responsible for daily supervision and guidance of the Audience and Donor Services team, ensuring that the high level of customer service and processing accuracy is maintained over the phone, online and in person.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the department manual and assisting with training the part-time staff of policies and procedures
- Staying informed and knowledgeable in all aspects of The National Ballet of Canada including repertoire, events, and membership.
- Responding to policy issues and concerns, assists with problem solving, and escalates the matter for assistance, if required.
- Ensures that all transactions are accurate and balanced at the end of the day.
- Responsible for ensuring that the hours posted are accurate.
- Checks in to receive keys at Four Seasons Centre Stage Door, opening and closing of the box office as per posted hours of operations and working with the Four Seasons Centre front of house and maintenance staff as required while on duty at the on-site box office.
- Responsible for answering the Patron’s Council phone line as well as assisting in answering Single tickets, Subscription, Donation, Event RSVP and Group Sales calls and inquiries from department phone line when needed.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance while representing The National Ballet of Canada.
Donation, Ticketing and Processing:
- Manages incoming calls regarding ticket purchases, membership inquiries by providing accurate information on prices, availability, casting, and all other related information
- Processing of internal donation and ticket orders
- Works with the team to maintain client information in the Tessitura database.
- Process donations in Tessitura
Training and Supervision:
- Assists in training and delegating duties to part-time staff
- Supervises part-time staff in the Call Centre and Box Office
- Responsible for cash float distribution; daily reconciliation of operator sales and provides authorizing signature on end of day cash out for part-time staff
- Noting and reporting any part-time staff scheduling irregularities when on duty
- Supervision of part-time staff pertaining to outbound calling campaigns
- A minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience in delivering high-level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills, professional interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Able to take initiative, learn quickly and adapt to changing demands
- Knowledge of Tessitura and Mind Body Software, an asset
- Must be available to work during the performance months; November, December, March, and June
- Required to work weekday, evening, and weekend shifts
- Hours during performance months; up to 38 hours/week;
- Hours during non-performance months; up to 32 hours/week.
- A passion for the performing arts is an asset
- Locations; Call Centre at the Walter Carsen Centre (470 Queens Quay West, Toronto) and the Box Office at the Four Seasons Centre for Performing Arts (145 Queen St West, Toronto)
- Some remote work available
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a unionized position with a starting pay of $22.23 per hour
- Complimentary and discounted tickets to performances
- After one full year of employment; pay increase to $23.69 per hour, access to a Health Spending Account, enrollment into company matching Retirement Savings Plan
Qualified candidates are to forward their resume and cover letter to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Senior Representative" by March 26, 2023. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. The National Ballet of Canada recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible, and equitable environment where employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to reflect the diversity of our community, our city and our country. We strive to ensure our recruitment and selection processes are bias-free. We welcome and encourage submissions from Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, the Deaf and disabled as well as individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.