This position is an interim role, as a one-year maternity relief contract
Reporting to the Vice President Access, Collections and Exhibits, this role contributes to Glenbow's success through the management of Glenbow's Communications & Marketing team. Key responsibilities of the position include developing and implementing all aspects of an integrated, comprehensive marketing strategy that includes advertising, media relations, public relations, promotions, online marketing, event marketing and tourism-related activities.
As the successful candidate, you will also supervise staff, provide guidance to the organization and Board on communication matters, and develop and maintain relationships with external organizations. You will act as an official spokesperson for Glenbow when required.
- University degree in marketing or communication.
- Five years managerial experience.
- Direct experience with corporate sponsors.
- Experience in working for non-profit organizations and arts organizations.
- Familiarity with all aspects of brand identity development and implementation.
- Project management experience.
- Major event marketing experience.
- Knowledge of how specific media markets work and how decisions are made in those markets.
- Direct and identifiable experience with media.
- Strong community network.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Familiarity with new technology, particularly online marketing.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal.
Interested candidates may send resume and cover letter to Human Resources, Glenbow Museum, 130 - 9 Ave SE, Calgary, AB, T2G 0P3, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 26, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.