Ready to make your mark in the Arts?
Since its founding in 1959, Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS) has garnered the highest international acclaim for excellence in the training of dance professionals. NBS graduates dance in major companies around the world, and include some of the world’s finest choreographers and artistic directors. In addition to its core professional ballet program which includes residence and academic education for students in Grades 6 through 12, and intensive dance training for post-secondary students, NBS has an esteemed teacher training program and part-time classes for both young dancers and adults. For over five decades, Canada's National Ballet School has been successfully training teachers, ballet masters, and artistic directors who now hold posts in schools and companies across Canada and around the world. NBS is currently inviting applications for the full time position of:
Music TEACHER – Vocal & General Music (Full Time)
The school seeks a permanent, full time dynamic teacher who will be responsible for teaching students in Grades 6-12 vocal/choral and general music, based on the curriculum established by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing daily lesson plans, taking attendance during classes, administering and marking tests, completing reports four times a year following Ministry and School guidelines.
- Maintaining proper order and discipline in the classroom, in school activities on premises and at extra- curricular events.
- Performing duties that may be required by NBS to accommodate the needs of individual students and the demands of the ballet activities (e.g. extra coaching, additional classes).
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Advanced diploma or a degree in Music
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience with teaching music
- Advanced experience with choral music teaching, moveable doh solfège and rhythm syllables
- Teaching certificate and familiarity with Ontario School Music Program
- Experience with guitar, keyboard and drumming
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to work as a team player
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
Successful candidates must supply Canada’s National Ballet School with a Police Reference Check, in accordance with the School’s Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy; this will be coordinated through the Human Resources Department of NBS.
Qualified applicants should direct applications stating qualifications, experience, and references, with salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Music Teacher FT - 2013” in the subject line of your email by May 3, 2013*.
*Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
NBS thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.