Competition number: J1023-1165
Department: People and Culture
Status: Full-Time continuing
Hours: Monday to Friday
Annual/hourly salary: $154,300 - $192,800 (position with benefits and pension plan)
Closing date: November 26, 2023
Anticipated start date: March 4, 2024
Introducing the National Arts Centre The National Arts Centre (NAC) is a unique and vibrant workplace that includes artists, musicians, chefs, stagehands, box office employees, trades people, fundraisers, marketing and communication specialists and many more professionals from the exciting world of the performing arts. It is truly a place like no other. For more information on the NAC's vision, values and ambitious goals, please visit The Journey Ahead: Strategic Plan 2023-2026.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Racism and Accessibility
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is committed to creating and sustaining a work environment that is inclusive, anti-racist, accessible, welcoming, and representative of the Canadian diversity.
The NAC welcomes applications from candidates who can help us meet our vision, and contribute to the diversity of lived experiences, perspectives, and approaches. When you join the NAC, you will be part of an inclusive community working hard to dismantle barriers to employees’ well-being, access, potential, and success. The NAC actively seeks candidates who identify as women, Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, and people with disabilities. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
The ideal candidate will be a change agent and servant leader, who builds deep trust and credibility with colleagues and staff and is able to influence at all levels within the organization. Passionate about inclusive staff experience, you are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and have a reputation as a strategic and thoughtful negotiator.
Reporting to the President and CEO, you are an integral member of the senior management team. You will oversee employee relations, compensation, talent acquisition, policy development, workplace investigations, performance management, collective bargaining, health & safety, payroll, pension and benefits. You will lead a team of 12 professionals, support a workforce of over 320 full-time and 300 part-time staff members and work closely with leaders from six different unions. You are at ease in both French and English.
• University degree in a related field of study or a combination of education and relevant work experience
• Significant experience gained, at a senior level, in overseeing and managing an organization’s human resource function in a government or private sector environment of similar scope and size
• Extensive experience in collective bargaining, grievance handling, writing and interpretation of contracts, mediating conflicts and finding solutions to impossible problems
• Deep knowledge of emerging trends in human resources including on-boarding, performance management, equity, diversity, inclusion and anti-racism, compensation, classification, pay equity, hybrid work and learning and training
• Demonstrated experience in talent acquisition in all areas including highly specialized positions, both nationally and internationally
• Experience overseeing payroll and health & safety
• Experience with the Canada Labour Code, employment standards, labour law, human rights legislation and employment equity to ensure compliance
• Fluent in both French and English
• Genuine enjoyment of the performing arts!
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
As part of NAC’s interview process, in-person interviews may be required. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your résumé including your current email address.
The National Arts Centre (NAC) is committed to inclusive employee recruitment and selection. The NAC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the selection process, please inform us as soon as possible and we will make every effort to fulfill your accommodation request.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Background Check as a condition of employment.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and résumé online through the “Career Opportunities” section of our website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
CONNECT WITH US! LinkedIn
Facebook Twitter Instagram