Reports to: Technical Director
Reporting to the Technical Director and under the supervision of the Head Scene Shop Carpenter and the Head Scenic Artist, the Scene Shop Co-ordinator will facilitate the administrative operations of the Canadian Opera Company Scene Shop.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procuring equipment and materials as directed.
- Tracking of expenditures and preparation of purchase related paperwork for the COC Scene Shop.
- Creating and processing timesheets for the COC Scene Shop.
- Preparation of labour and expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Maintaining Scene Shop materials inventory, including tracking and reporting of inventory use.
- In conjunction with the COC Facilities Department, maintaining the COC Scene Shop.
- Maintain records for COC Scene Shop equipment inventory.
- Driving as required for the COC Scene Shop and COC Production Department.
- Post-secondary education in the technical/production field or equivalent job experience
- Experience working in an unionized environment
- Superior organization and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good knowledge of health and safety legislation and best practices
- Excellent people skills
- Purchasing/procurement experience
- Clean driving record
- Experience with accounting processes and procedures
- Ability to work under time contraints
- Computer literate - MS Office. Knowledge of AutoCAD and FileMaker Pro would be an asset.
Some evening and weekend work is required. This is a contract position.
Please mail or email resumes with a cover letter to:
Manager, Human Resources
Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E.
Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
Only applications post-marked by June 21, 2013 will be considered. The COC thanks, in advance, all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or faxes please.