This is a 12-month term to start August 1, 2013 and end July 31, 2014.
The Marketing & Communications department at The Banff Centre is looking for an experienced communications professional with a proven track-record to join their team as Communications Officer. The Communications Officer creates dynamic communications materials to increase the profile of Banff Centre programs and events to both internal and external audiences, and supports a cohesive and motivated workforce through effective communication with Banff Centre staff.
- Act as editor of the Centre's employee blog, Centrepiece, and TBC Staff Insider Facebook page, internal communications tools aimed at all staff at The Banff Centre. As editor and project manager, lead a team of staff in the writing and editing of publication stories and posts
- Provide assistance to Centre departments in coordinating and disseminating timely information through all-staff emails; and in the coordination of all-staff meetings
- Assist with researching, writing, editing, and proofreading online and print communications materials and publications that promote the mandate, mission, vision, and key messages of The Banff Centre
- Provide marketing and communications support to the Centre's Human Resources department
- Provide primary back-up to the Director of Customer Service in providing campus tours to external guests, including VIPs, as required
- Work closely with other Marketing & Communications team members, management, staff, faculty, and resident artists to generate story ideas, news releases, and feature articles, and to ensure accurate reporting, writing, and editing
The Ideal Candidate
- Possesses an undergraduate degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- Brings a minimum three years' related work experience in a communications and/or marketing environment
- Brings proven experience with the coordination of publications and excellent researching, writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Is a highly motivated self-starter who is flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and tasks
- Is articulate and confident with excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrates superior organization and the ability to work under broad direction without close supervision
- Experience with the arts or a post-secondary educational institute or experience working an internal communications role within a large organization is an asset
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check through the local R.C.M.P. detachment, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, 12-month termed, salaried support staff position, subject to a six-month probationary period.
This position pays $3997.07 per month increasing to $4440.80 per month after probation, working 40 hours per week.
The Banff Centre offers a supportive work environment, quality staff housing, a staff cafeteria, subsidized fitness memberships, staff events such as our annual Long Service Awards dinner and our yearly Christmas Party, and free or reduced admission to many Banff Centre concerts, films, lectures, and exhibitions.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please submit your application online via The Banff Centre careers website at www.banffcentre.ca/careers. Click on the Communications Officer job title and create a candidate profile for yourself.
We are accepting applications for this position from June 12 to June 27, 2013.