The producer will oversee each project from conception to completion and may also be involved in the marketing and distribution processes. This position will require working closely with the director and other production staff on the shoot. Producers arrange funding for each project and are responsible for keeping the production within the allocated budget.
- Pulling together all the strands of creative and practical talent involved in the project to create a team
- Organising shooting schedules - dependent on the type of producer and availability of support staff
- Supervising the progress of the project from production to post production
- Holding regular meetings with the director to discuss characters and scenes
- Acting as a sounding board for the director
- Bringing the finished production in on budget
- Reading, researching and assessing ideas and finished scripts
- Building and developing a network of contacts
- Using computer software packages for screenwriting, budgeting and scheduling
- Hiring key staff, including a director and a crew to shoot Television Shows
- Controlling the budget and allocating resources
- Maintaining contemporary technical skills
- 5 years experience in live events, event production, television or related field
- Hands-on experience in control room, studio, remote and field operations
- Completed a post-secondary education in relevant area of study
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), and Apple data management and applications
- Need ‘Final Cut’ skills.
- Comfortable in training and presenting in front of large groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in a professional and concise manner
- Flexible and adaptable in different and fast paced environments
- Willingness to adapt to the needs of a busy live production crew
- Able to work effectively with other team members and independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent dependability is a must
- Needs to have excellent intra-personal communication skills to deal with all of the personnel involved in a production.
- Superior organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage conflicting interests
- Able to multi-task and manage wide-range of projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Resourceful and proven ability to research ideas and concepts via efficient channels
- Creative “Out-of-the-box” thinking
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (clearly identifying Producer position in the subject line).