SAW Video seeks a Media Arts Programmer to plan and implement our ongoing dynamic media arts programming.
SAW Video’s Programmer oversees all aspects of media art programming at SAW Video including curating screenings and exhibitions; planning and organizing other media art programming including master classes, artist talks, and commissioning projects; preparing grant applications in conjunction with SAW Video’s Director; writing promotional and critical text on programming events; overseeing the design and production of programming materials; fostering collaborations with presenting partners locally, nationally, and internationally; and attending regional and national festivals/events related to media art when possible.
As part of the Arts Court Redevelopment, SAW Video will be opening a new media art gallery in 2017. The Programmer will be responsible for planning and realizing this new programming direction for the Centre.
Hours of work: 32 hours per week
Starting wage: $17 per hour plus dental/health benefits
The selected individual will have:
- A minimum of 3 years media arts curatorial experience;
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary media art practice and the media arts milieu in Canada and abroad;
- Proven grant and critical writing experience and research skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in French is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of media tools & technology (i.e. digital formats, screening technology, codecs, etc.);
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Deadline for applications: January 16th, 2015, 5pm.
Please submit by mail, fax, or email the following documents:
- A letter of intent (up to 2 pages) describing your skills and experience as they relate to this position
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Three references with names, positions and contact information
Hiring Committee – Programmer
SAW Video Association
67 Nicholas St., Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7B9
Phone: (613) 238-7648 / Fax: (613) 238-4617
SAW Video is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About SAW Video:
SAW Video is a not-for-profit, artist-run media art centre that fosters the growth and development of artists through access to equipment, training, mentorship, and programming. Our mission is to support a diverse community of media artists empowered by technology, programming and the exchange of ideas. For more information about SAW Video, visit www.sawvideo.com.
SAW Video Media Art Centre
67 Nicholas Street, Ottawa, Ontario CANADA K1N 7B9
tel. (613) 238-7648 / (613) 238-4617 fax