Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Client Relations, the Graphics Communications Manager is responsible for the design, production management and quality of proposals, project reports, electronic communications and promotional material in accordance with our corporate brand. The Graphic Communications Manager also provides client facing design services as required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the coordination, design, and production of company promotional materials, such as newsletters, brochures, electronic communications, flyers, advertisements, and displays;
* Manages job schedule and workflow including coordinating, prioritizing and negotiating as necessary to ensure fulfillment by deadline;
* Graphic design for internal and external projects and clients;
* Responds to the need of report, proposal, presentation and promotional material (i.e. formatting, editing, copying, binding);
* Provides design support for the company website and social media forums, including uploading content and ensures that the web site is up to date;
* Collaborates and communicates with Clients and Consultants to ensure designs are approved and products are completed on time;
* Liaises with Consultants in all service stream areas, Clients and Partners to provide communications and graphic design advisory services
* Updates promotional materials such as consultant CVs, corporate profiles and project experience records;
* Provides advice on creative product options, timing and cost estimates, and recommends best methods and solutions;
* Sources and coordinates out of house print jobs as necessary, such as printing of business cards and conference panels;
* Supervises the Graphic Communication Designer and distributes work as necessary;
* Manages website and ftp site hosting;
* Coordinates external design support as required;
* Proof reads as required;
* Ensures brand consistency for all products;
* Monitors supply inventory and orders supplies on a weekly basis or as needed;
* Participates in internal teams and initiatives as required;
* Proof-reading and administrative support; and
* Other duties as required.
The successful candidate must be a motivated, committed and adaptable team player. The candidate will have strong communication skills, take initiative, be detail oriented and quality conscious, and have excellent time and project management skills. Other key qualifications include:
* Relevant post-secondary degree, diploma in Graphic Design or related discipline and/or comparable years of work experience;
* 3-4 years design related experience;
* Demonstrated project management and production coordination experience required;
* Desktop publishing, layout, print production coordination and assembly experience;
* Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite include version (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign), and/or other design software;
* Skillful with Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML and/or other web design programs;
* Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, including advanced layout experience in MS Word and MS PowerPoint and comfortable working with Microsoft Excel;
* Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects on tight deadlines;
* Excellent time management skills;
* Proven written and oral communication skills in English (additional languages an asset);
* Must be flexible with the ability to multi-task several projects with varying levels of complexity and deadlines at once;
* Excellent interpersonal skills;
* Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously and be well organized;
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting;
* A genuine interest in the culture, museums and the arts.
If you are an exceptional individual and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment please forward your application including cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] – Graphic Communications Manager” before July 18th, 2014.
We are an equal opportunity workplace and welcome cultural diversity in our workforce.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.