School of the Photographic Arts: Ottawa (SPAO) seeks a detail-oriented and versatile Office Administrator to play a key role during an important period of growth. This is a full-time (35 hours/week) position, including some evenings and weekends hours. The role demands a highly responsible individual who can handle a range of duties in a spirited and creative environment. In addition to a competitive annual salary, a comprehensive health insurance package is available to the successful applicant.
- Interface professionally with the public, students, and business contacts on the phone, via email, and in person
- Maintain the school’s QuickBooks accounting system and perform reconciliations
- Manage scheduling, registrations, payments, and course evaluations in the school’s Part-Time Studies program
- Accurately coordinate all facilities bookings
- Maintain and expand the office filing system
- Assist with event planning and hosting (10-15 events each year)
- Manage equipment loans and liaise with after-hours monitors
- Coordinate key distribution, passcodes, and overall building security
- Manage employee health insurance plan
- Perform occasional cleaning and maintenance
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of office administration experience
- A 3-year college diploma or university degree is preferred
- High level of comfort with computer software such as QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and online scheduling tools
- Superior customer-service skills
- Able to take direction and also perform effectively without supervision
- Photography and/or cultural sector experience is an asset
Sends resume and cover letter via email to SPAO Director of Development Tony Martins: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 5 p.m., Friday, July 25.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for interview will be contacted.