Frank Venables Theatre - Oliver, BC
A wonderful new performing arts centre in the heart of the South Okanagan, the Frank Venables Theatre is a mid-sized community venue adjacent to the Southern Okanagan Secondary School and operated by the non-profit Oliver Community Theatre Society. Opened in 2014, the Theatre literally rose out of the ashes of the historic art-deco style Venables Auditorium which burnt to the ground in the fall of 2010.
The new Frank Venables Theatre is a modern facility ready to be filled with appreciative audiences, community activities and artists and entertainers from around the globe. With its ample stage, sophisticated lighting equipment and welcoming lobby, the new theatre offers exciting opportunities for live performances and entertainment in the region.
The not-for-profit Theatre Society aims to operate and manage the Frank Venables Theatre as a centre for community events and the performing arts. The Society’s objective is to inspire local audiences, artists and students to engage in live theatre, dance and music, and to support presentations by touring artists from across the country and around the globe.
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting to the Board of the Oliver Community Theatre Society the Theatre Manager will undertake:
· Venue Operations and Management
· Promotion, Marketing, and Community Relations
· Management of Theatre staff and volunteers
· Financial Management and Development
· Society Administration and Reporting
Experience, knowledge, abilities and skills:
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in the arts, venue and facility management fields including:
· Working knowledge of performing arts facilities and theatrical equipment
· Experience working within the non-profit environment
· Track record in marketing, fundraising and volunteer coordination
· Familiar with a range of computer programs including basic website management, ticketing systems, social media, communications, and databases
How to Apply:
All candidates should email a CV, including three references, and a letter outlining their interest in the position and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday December 1, 2014
For further information on the Frank Venables Theatre visit www.venablestheatre.ca
For a more detailed job description visit www.venablestheatre.ca/theatremanger2014.html