Presentation House Theatre (PHT) has two key relationships in the City of North Vancouver: North Vancouver Recreation and Cultural Commission, which provides operating grants to support our annual operations; and the City of North Vancouver in relationship to our lease in managing the Presentation House facilities.
Position: Managing Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Key Relationships: Chair of the Board and Artistic Director
Reports: Finance/ Office Management/Marketing/Building
The Managing Director will work co-operatively with the Artistic Director in maintaining Presentation House Theatre as a vibrant performing arts space and public venue. Serve as the administrative lead and implement policy, oversee all finances, work closely with the Board of Directors, and supervise all staff outside of production. The Managing Director will serve as the Presentation House Theatre lead liaison with the City North Vancouver.
- Develop, monitor and maintain administrative procedures
- Manage human resource matters
- In collaboration with Artistic Director, lead and supervise staff of 2 full-time, 2 part-time and several casual employees
- Develop and maintain organization operating plan
- Develop and maintain annual operating budget for program, building, fund development and marketing
- Manage all financial operations including financial controls and budget tracking
- With Facility Manager/Production Coordinator, manage Presentation House Theatre and Anne MacDonald buildings and grounds
- With the Manager, Marketing and Development, lead fund development planning and strategies and co-ordinate funding applications for grants from municipal, provincial, national and international funders
- With the Manager, Marketing and Development, oversee all marketing materials, sales and initiatives
- Experienced leader in the arts, preferably in theatre
- Effective communicator
- Proven record in fundraising and ability to manage relationships with donors, funders and sponsors
- Experience in the writing of grants and applications
- Experience in financial management and the development and tracking of budgets
- Proficiency and experience with computer software programs that support finance, operations, marketing and communications
- Experience in venue management and operations
Please submit cover letter and resume in PDF format by Wed., Sept. 26 to firstname.lastname@example.org directed to Search Committee - PHT Managing Director
Interviews to take place on a rolling basis beginning in September; interviews will continue until a suitable candidate is located.
References may be requested.
Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Start date is flexible.
For more information: www.phtheatre.org
Presentation House Theatre
333 Chesterfield Avenue
North Vancouver, British Columbia