101.9 CJSS-FM – Playing the Greatest Hits of All Time!
A Corus Entertainment Company
MORNING SHOW HOST/NEWS ANCHOR
Are you an ambitious radio host who thrives on learning, growing and personal marketing?
Are you adventurous in your approach when creating compelling content on-air and on-line?
Do you understand the “greatest hits” era and know how to connect with listeners of this genre?
Do you have the desire and discipline required to become “the best” in the market?
Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Morning Show Host/ News Anchor in Cornwall, ON. Reporting to the Program Director/ Brand Manager, the successful candidate will be an ambitious team player who will help drive our brand to victory in this market. We’re talking ratings and revenue. The successful candidate will be regarded as a leader inside and outside the building - building relationships with co-workers, listeners and clients – while consistently generating the most compelling local content for Adults 25-54 living in Cornwall.
As the “NEW” Morning Co-Host/ News Anchor on 101.9- CJSS-FM, the successful candidate will be expected to become immersed in the community as quickly as possible. This will require frequent and consistent involvement at station functions, live remotes, charitable events, fundraisers, etc., as well have solid news on air presence.
If you have a positive attitude and the passion to be a star in this market…If you have the desire to be one of the best morning hosts in the industry…If you have the enthusiasm to be actively involved in this community on-air, on-line and on-the-street, send us your resume and best demo!
- Building a relevant and compelling locally focused morning show
- Aggressively marketing your show and the brand on-air, on-line and on-the-street
- Including station functions, live remotes, charitable events, fundraisers, etc.
- Aggressively marketing your show and the brand with the sales team to our clients
- Including regular client “introductory” visits – as required
- Participating in an open-idea environment – solicit ideas from listeners and co-workers
- Play an active role in air checks, programming/promotional meetings, and sales calls
- Assistance with programming/promotional duties – as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- “News Anchor” experience
- Ability to communicate business objectives and ideas in a positive, constructive manner
- Outgoing personality…we’re talking the schmooze factor here…
- Ready, willing and able to learn & grow…no matter how long you’ve been in the biz
- Ability to understand and connect with the target demographic of the station
- Social media savvy – consistently engaged with listeners online through CJSS-FM.com and Social Media.
- You have a positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- You thrive on good culture.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by April 5 2013 to:
Darryl Adams- Program Director/ Brand Manager
709 Cotton Mill Street
* Please include “Full-Time Morning Show Host” in the subject line of your email.
* No phone calls please.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Application Deadline: Apr 5, 2013
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.