JOB POSTING: Senior Project Leader, Regeneration Projects
The Heritage Canada Foundation (HCF) is seeking a Senior Project Leader, Regeneration Projects, to play a leadership role in building the organization’s regeneration programs and related social enterprise. This is a new full-time position, based in Ottawa. HCF is offering an initial two-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
Through projects and partnerships, HCF aspires to create tangible results in communities through the renewal, repurposing and regeneration of heritage buildings, communities and regions. For more information about HCF: www.heritagecanada.org.
The Senior Project Leader will play an important role in implementing HCF’s vision to offer effective regeneration strategies for communities (eg. commercial downtowns); regions (eg. rural districts); and individual buildings and sites. In addition to the preservation of cultural and natural resources, HCF’s regeneration strategies seek to integrate a range of allied goals, including but not limited to:
· Economic self-sufficiency and sustainability;
· Social equity, environmental responsibility, cultural vitality and quality of life; and
· Healthy lifestyle choices such as walkability, cycling, and public transportation.
The Senior Project Leader will play a key role in positioning our regeneration vision as a social enterprise – for example: Demonstration Projects with a financial goal of cost recovery or better; Regeneration Consulting services, leading a team to deliver regeneration strategies to a community or region; and Training and Accreditation in our regeneration methods.
- Shaping existing and developing new heritage-led regeneration strategies.
2. Assembling and managing project teams and preparing service-offer proposals and budgets.
3. Managing projects and stakeholder relations to ensure successful completion within schedule and budget.
4. Delivering consulting services including training and coaching to individuals, organizations and municipalities.
5. Preparing feasibility studies, case studies and resource material.
6. Delivering presentations on HCF regeneration strategies and projects and facilitating group meetings with clients and community stakeholders.
Qualification & Skills
- Experience in the fields of property development and/or community revitalization and/or regional economic development and/or cultural tourism, with an emphasis on heritage projects.
- Sound knowledge of heritage buildings and heritage conservation theory and practice.
- Intellectual ability to innovate, shape and refine regeneration strategies.
- Project management experience at an advanced level.
- The ability to deal effectively with contractors, regulatory bodies, stakeholders, etc.
- Persuasive interpersonal and communication skills.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. HCF provides a very attractive benefits package.
Please submit a CV as well as a statement of qualifications that responds directly to itemized points 1-6 and a-f above. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 613-237-5987, addressed to the attention of Eliot McRae. Submissions will be received until October 16th, 2013. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.